This is where you can find information on the benefits of joining the club with contact details and a membership form you can download at the bottom of the page.
Membership of the Bigfoot Mountain Bike Club is for a whole year and runs from April 1st to March 31st of the following year. You’ve got to be at least 18 years old but apart from that we’ll have anyone who’s fit and willing!
So what do I get for my money?
- A regularly updated and lively website. This features the ride guide and news items about what members have been up to. The forum feature allows club members to chat, share ideas or offer things up for sale.
- Discounts from the best bike shops in the area (plus one a bit further afield) which can save the cost of your membership in one visit! For example a demo bike from Leisure Lakes would normally cost £25 per day but you can borrow it for FREE – so you’re in profit already!
- Slam 69 – Gloucester: A great discount always available check with Graham for details.
- NextDayTyres.com – extra discount for orders collected in person, ask Steve for a quote.
- Leisure Lakes – Cheltenham: 15% off parts and free demo bike loan.
- Noahs Ark – Chalford, Stroud: 15% off parts.
- The Big Adventure Store – Swindon: 10% off non-sales items.
- Keswick mountain bikes – Keswick, Cumbria 15% off all parts plus 10% off all bikes plus special one-offs.
See the links page for shop websites.
- A hefty discount on all Enjoy Oisans holidays. This includes active holidays like mountain biking with Ride Oisans, road cycling with Tour D’Oisans and Skiing/Bording with Board Oisans. You can also bring your family and kids along (and sneak some biking or boarding in) for self catered accommodation with Sleep Oisans. All are based in the Oisans valley in Bourg D’Oisans at the base of Alpe D’huez in the French Alps.
- A gateway to many people with the same interests as yourself who enjoy riding their bikes! You’re sure to find someone into the same things that you like doing so you’ll never be stuck for someone to ride with.
- The benefits of discounted quality club kit. Yes you to can become a Fashion Icon in the mountain bike world with our latest designs. We sometimes have a stock of items and get new designs printed up every couple of years.
- PLUS your money back ! Yes – everything you pay us we try and give back to you. This could be as a free gift for prompt rejoining or it could be spent on shared items that any club member can borrow. Currently we’ve got things like an easy-up marquee to shelter under at races, a Dirtworker mini jetwash to help with track side cleaning and a helmet cam to help record our riding exploits. Any member can suggest things to buy or how we can spend our money so the choices are endless!
What does it cost?
The Annual (April 1st to March 31st the following year) membership costs £18 each or £25 for a couple or family. Half year membership is £10 running from 1st September.
Every member must also have third party insurance from either CTC or British Cycling Ride or Race Gold/Silver membership. If you have none of these then you will be required to pay an additional fee of £16 per person. For this fee you will become an affiliated CTC member that provides the required third party insurance cover. The CTC affiliated membership will be managed by the club and once we have received your membership details from CTC, this will be passed to you as is valid for one year.
You can download a membership form from the link below.
If you would like to get in touch with our Membership Secretary the email address is email@example.com