Everyone likes to plan their diary for the year – check out the big events we’d like to focus on as a club:
“The 5th and final round of the Haibike Welsh Gravity Enduro Mash Up Series will come to a close at Cwmcarn on the 28th October 2018.
3 mixed terrain stages for you to race plus 1 “Uphill Flow” Stage for the E-Mtb’s”
The Mash Up format is a great way to get into Enduro, allowing you multiple runs until your happy with or worn out from your preformance.
- Wouldn’t it be great to have another chance to go faster, get that corner right or hit that line you missed?
- Punctures and mechanical’s are no longer an end to the race day, Ride with your friends and just have fun… The Mash Up Format allows it all”
- The 1 day format involves 5 hours of live timing over 3 stages where you can do as many runs as you like in any order you like and then check your times in the pits! This creates an amazing rider atmosphere and presence in the pits that other Enduro formats do not have!
- We also have an E-bike category which we will push forward even more in 2018 with more E-Bike specific stages.
- Each round will have 3 stages plus an Ebike stage (where we can!) each one using existing trails albeit in a slightly modified state in some circumstances. The stages will be marked the day before the race so everything is ready to go for race day!
- They will be taped and marked like all Gravity Enduro events, with professional timing, marshals and fully trained medics onsite throughout the race day.
- The stages for each venue will be released in the week leading up to the event or kept secret until race day depending on venue and stages used.
Steve Peat is coming to Cheltenham for the final venue of his Speakers from the Edge tour:
“Bikes & Beers”
“Mountain biking superstar Steve Peat tells the story of his illustrious racing career; the bikes, the world cups, the parties and the pursuit of the seemingly elusive World Championship title which some thought might never come!
In Bikes & Beers, Steve takes audiences along the journey that saw him rise from plumbing to podiums and become one of the most successful men’s downhill racers of all time, showing just how the man who wouldn’t back down earned his place as a legend in the sport of mountain biking!”
15 Tickets booked.
Stalls: D20, D21. Stalls: D10, E8, E9, E10, E11, E12, E13, E14, E15, E16, E17, E18, E19. (Looking at moving D10 as it was supposed to be next to D20)
Anyone wishing to book tickets, here are the seat booked so far.
Full list of other venues here http://www.speakersfromtheedge.com/theatre-tours/2018/steve-peat
- Event Program: Sunday 25 March
- Practice 9.00am – 10.45am
- Race Starts (2 x runs weather and light permitting) 11.00am – 3.30pm
- Prize Presentations 4.00pm
- Race categories – No license required to race
- Custom Glass trophies to top three in each age category
- Each Winner also wins a free uplift day from Simon from Flyup Downhill
Matto, Bigfoot’s Racer of 2017
“Prepare for the biggest party in British mountain biking. A packed weekend of challenging and exciting events including flat-out racing and the demo weekender. Riders of all ages and abilities can race and have fun in a chilled out family atmosphere”
Video from 2018
- Whole weekend of camping
- Dual Slalom
- Funn Enduro
- Quad Eliminator
- Classic Downhill
- Bunny Hop, Track Stand & Manual competitions
- Lake ride
- Demo bikes
- Stunt Show
- Trade Stands
- Free Childrens events & entertainment
Then visit & follow:
- Web site GT Bicycles Malvern Classic for full details and to book tickets.
- Follow on Face Book
- Follow on Instagram @MalvernsClassic
Usual drill great riding, rough agenda below and see links for adventures to Scotland in the past. Some very high level thoughts, copied and pasted from previous as a starter for 10…will fine tune i.e. accommodation as numbers progress.
Need to get people confirmed so we can sort out suitable accomodation. Thurs to Monday again.
An uplift is now available to all the Downhill runs at Innerleithin, all graded as extreme, book your own uplift if you want to do these, or you can ride up!
Accommodation – Kalzie Bunkhouse, for the duration, choose your trail centre and head off for the day