Everyone likes to plan their diary for the year – check out the big events we’d like to focus on as a club:
Presented by Speakers from the Edge
Hans Rey, the former World Champion, pioneer of Freeride, Mountain Bike Hall of Fame and mountain bike adventurer, will take audiences on an inspiring journey through his 30 year career and show you some of the best trails and destinations worldwide. Covering his early riding days in Germany, the mountain bike boom in America, his extreme biking feats and adventures – which include the first bike descent of Mt. Kenya, riding the Indian Himalayas, the Alps and Inca Trail, and traversing the Sinai Desert – and how his charity Wheels4Life is changing the world one bike at a time, Hans will also offer his vision on the future of the sport and what keeps him motivated.
Please note there is a £2 ticket commission fee included in the price of the ticket.
“Prepare for the biggest party in British mountain biking. A packed weekend of challenging and exciting events including flat-out racing and the demo weekender. Riders of all ages and abilities can race and have fun in a chilled out family atmosphere”
Video from 2018
- Whole weekend of camping
- Dual Slalom
- Funn Enduro
- Quad Eliminator
- Classic Downhill
- Bunny Hop, Track Stand & Manual competitions
- Lake ride
- Demo bikes
- Stunt Show
- Trade Stands
- Free Childrens events & entertainment
Then visit & follow:
- Web site GT Bicycles Malvern Classic for full details and to book tickets.
- Follow on Face Book
- Follow on Instagram @MalvernsClassic
Usual drill great riding, rough agenda below and see links for adventures to Scotland in the past. Some very high level thoughts, copied and pasted from previous as a starter for 10…will fine tune i.e. accommodation as numbers progress.
Need to get people confirmed so we can sort out suitable accomodation. Thurs to Monday again.
An uplift is now available to all the Downhill runs at Innerleithin, all graded as extreme, book your own uplift if you want to do these, or you can ride up!
Accommodation – Kalzie Bunkhouse, for the duration, choose your trail centre and head off for the day
– Remember just normal trail gear including knee pad and arm pads if you have them.
– Remember could be wet so bring jackets
– Groups will be split and each trails centre is different so the variety is epic.
– Bring plenty of clothes as we are riding for a few days
– There are plenty of bike shops if you need an urgent part so don’t everyone bring the kitchen sink of spares – normal rules apply maybe just a few extra inner tubes, a mech hanger, chain link, good tyres, spare set of brake pads, 3 litre bladder, good humour and plenty of stories.
– Bring your own food for on the trail so energy bars/gels and energy drink, you will need it especially if hot
– Eating, lots of options but bring a small bag of you own favourites like crisis, breakfast cereals just so you have essentials.
– Buddy up for travelling start asking
– Evening eating, there a few takeaways, restaurants or supermarkets or if you want to cook at base.
THE ‘ARD ROCK TAKES PLACE IN THE STUNNING SWALEDALE AREA OF THE YORKSHIRE DALES NATIONAL PARK. THE EXCLUSIVE ROUTE TAKES IN AMAZING ALPINE STYLE STAGES ON 100% NATURAL AND ROCKY TERRAIN. TOPPED OFF WITH INDUSTRY LEADING EXPO STANDS, LIVE MUSIC, ENTERTAINMENT, FOOD AND DRINK ALL WEEKEND LONG.
Video highlights from 2018
The Festival page will be updated with Ard Rock 2019 details in January and Festival tickets for ‘non riders’ will go on sale in 2019. The Ard Rock Enduro Festival is based near the beautiful village of Reeth in the Yorkshire Dales National Park and it’s supported by some of the World’s biggest mountain bike brands including title sponsors Santa Cruz Bicycles, Maxxis Tyres and Camelbak. Whilst the main focus is on the Ard Rock Enduro competition and challenge events, Ard Rock is also a fun festival that includes an exhibition with a full 100+ of the best bike brands, live music, full camping facilities, demo bikes for adults and kids, a pump track, food stands and a fully licensed bar. From Friday to Sunday there’s plenty to do for racers and supporters.
EVENT VILLAGE TIMETABLE
1900 – Camping arrivals permitted
2300 – Gates close