Everyone likes to plan their diary for the year – check out the big events we’d like to focus on as a club:
“We’re bringing the World’s biggest bike brands to Worcester Lodge in the Forest of Dean on Saturday 28th April for you to test ride.
We’ll have over 100 mountain bikes (including a bunch of electric models) and will be set up from 9:30am so you can let rip on our demo loop with as many test rides as your legs can cope with. What better way to compare the best new bikes in the business from the likes of Specialized, Giant, Cube and others.
Yes, there’s a small £15 charge, but £10 of that is being donated to Bike 4 Cancer.”
- Fox Clothing
- Muc Off
For full and up to date information, please check out Tredz web site here
As of March 4 tickets were not yet on sale. Ticket sales are handled by Event Brite. Just added the MiniEnduroTv web site for now which is not great.
Worcester Lodge trails are Awesome:)
- There are a minimum of 3 stages in each event
- Transfers in between these transfers are not timed and do not count for the overall standing.
- Special stages close at a specified time, to ensure the event finishes on time.
- Riders will be notified at registration on the morning of the event.
- Time Controls are used check riders in ready for the stage start time.
- An all mountain bike is ideal for these races but any mountain bike is allowed
- E-Bike catergory
- Only one Bicycle can be used during an event, including any transition stages.
- Competitors must start and finish the competition on the same frame, fork and wheels.
There are 2 courses on the HOTS, a 50km* and 75km* ride.
There are hundreds of miles of excellent singletrack around the HOTS base which we locals ride week in, week out, but on the HOTS we’ve sought permission from local landowners to use paths and tracks we guarantee you’ve never ridden before.
There are marshal points around the course to top up your water, some have flapjack too. And special marshals in special areas dish out the (free) special cider.
Full course details will be given out upon registration at the event.
*It’s a nominal figure. Definitely less than 100km. Honest.
Camping opens 3pm on Friday afternoon.
Registration open from 4pm-7pm.
Bar open all evening. Unsurprisingly.
Live music from 7pm.
Breakfasts available on site from 7ish am.
Registration open from 7.30-8.30am.
50 & 75km rides start at 9.30am.
Food available from 4pm.
Wipeout 6.00pm-10.00pm (Suitable for all ages).
Music for dancing / singing / listening to from 8pm.
The HOTS massive raffle at 9 ish.
Breakfasts from 8am ish.
Relaxing day (recovery day). Course markers will be removed – please feel free to revisit the bridleways, but do not ride on the private tracks.
Campsite closes at 1pm.
The Boltby Bash is an all-inclusive enduro event, designed to please both gravity and cross country mountain bike riders
The next Boltby Bash Enduro will be held 19th/20th May 2018.
Day 1: Practice
Day 2: 30-35kms, 5 Stage Enduro or MTB Sportive.
Camping, entertainment and beer… With the backdrop of the stunning North Yorkshire Moors National Park.
Are you up for the challenge?
Full as of January 21. May be next year?
The Wild Boar Chase is a popular MTB XC ride around the Forest of Dean and Wye Valley with the club. As of January 21 we have 17 members entered.
Three route distances
- The Full Boar (43 miles) covers the Forest of Dean section and descends to the river Wye.
- In the Hog (38 miles), riders take the Forest of Dean loop, missing out the descent to the river Wye.
- In the Woody Boar (25 miles) riders tackle a loop in the Forest of Dean.
The Small Boar (20 miles) covers a loop within the Forest of Dean.
- Start time is 10:00 a.m.
- More info nearer the time on Wild Boar Chase site
- Can all members please add names to ride calendar once entered please
“3 stages of natural “wild trails” with a sprinkling of trail centre will make this round a must do. 5 hours of live timing, 1 uphill flow stage for the E-Mtb’ers and 3 normal stages.”
The Mash Up format is a great way to get into Enduro, allowing you multiple runs until your happy with or worn out from your preformance.
- Wouldn’t it be great to have another chance to go faster, get that corner right or hit that line you missed?
- Punctures and mechanical’s are no longer an end to the race day, Ride with your friends and just have fun… The Mash Up Format allows it all”
- The 1 day format involves 5 hours of live timing over 3 stages where you can do as many runs as you like in any order you like and then check your times in the pits! This creates an amazing rider atmosphere and presence in the pits that other Enduro formats do not have!
- We also have an E-bike category which we will push forward even more in 2018 with more E-Bike specific stages.
- Each round will have 3 stages plus an Ebike stage (where we can!) each one using existing trails albeit in a slightly modified state in some circumstances. The stages will be marked the day before the race so everything is ready to go for race day!
- They will be taped and marked like all Gravity Enduro events, with professional timing, marshals and fully trained medics onsite throughout the race day.
- The stages for each venue will be released in the week leading up to the event or kept secret until race day depending on venue and stages used.
It’s here, by popular demand; a Bike Maintenance, bike part sale and sausage and chips night for all members
Open to all members, we plan to have three bike stands and several experienced ‘club bike fixers’ on hand to help with standard bike maintenance. Such as brake bleeds, gear indexing etc. If anyone has any specific issues then please add your comments on this channel.
Bike parts sale
We will also have a table set up to sell any unwanted bike parts you have kicking around your shed or garage.
Sausages and chips
Bigfoot MBC will provide sausages a chips too, so please register your interest below so we can preorder the correct amount. (note: these are just snack portions so please don’t expect to pig out – ha)
When: 7-10pm Wednesday 23 May
Where: Royal William, Cranham
Please sign up and comment below. See you there…
Looks like this is going to be a huge MTB Festival.
- Dual Slalom
- Funn Enduro
- Quad Eliminator
- Classic Downhill
- Childrens events & entertainment
- Bunny Hop, Track Stand & Manual competitions
- Demo bikes
- Stunt Show
- Trade Stands
Please visit their web site for full details.
Back on this one, usual drill great riding, rough agenda below and see links for adventures to Scotland in the past. Some very high level thoughts, copied and pasted from previous as a starter for 10…will fine tune i.e. accommodation as numbers progress.
Need to get people confirmed so we can sort out suitable accomodation. Thurs to Monday again.
AM travel leave Gloucester say 7-8ish as aim to get to the trail centre for 1ish so we can do a quick ride PM. In terms of traveling best bet is to buddy up and talk amongst yourselves about car sharing as we have so many. If you fancy a spot of late brekkie, Tebay services is great just north of Kendal http://www.tebayservices.com/. They are the same people as the new Gloucester services BTW.
PM ride Dalbeattie and meet from say 1pm onwards and people can take their pick on the trails but TBH the red is fine for all. http://7stanesmountainbiking.com/Dalbettie .
Accommodation – tbc
This will be a good days riding so make sure you are well feed and watered.
AM ride Kirroughtree and people can take their pick – absolutely awesome trails!!! http://7stanesmountainbiking.com/Kirroughtree and we can get lunch there in the café afterwards as the trails are fairly long and tough BTW
PM ride AE and everyone to ride the red http://7stanesmountainbiking.com/Ae/Ae-Line-Trail as its TBH not too bad just different paces required They have a café so we can get a spot of food afterwards and the quicker rides can have a play on the drops at the end of the trail as well.
Accommodation – Kalzie Bunkhouse
ALL DAY Glentress, can’t express how good it is. http://7stanesmountainbiking.com/Glentress—Innerleithen
Again this will be a good days riding so make sure you are well feed and watered.
Accommodation – Kalzie Bunkhouse, local so you can ride there and back
The much-loved Bristol Bikefest mountain bike race is back!
“We’re going to back to basics after 15 years of racing with a fun, friendly event that’s all about great trails, tall beers, tired legs and plenty of smiles. Think of it as a small but perfectly formed festival of mountain biking rather than just a race.”
This event was always a favourite with the Club, attracting a good turn our of riders racing in teams.
Peter Newell’s write up from 2013
Full details here, more details be announced soon.