Everyone likes to plan their diary for the year – check out the big events we’d like to focus on as a club:
“Always a popular event with the gravity focused riders in the Club”
Please Enter now to avoid disappointment as the race will sell out early.
Saturday – The forest is open as normal and you must follow the local rules & fees.
The course will be marked out on Saturday and there will be registration during Saturday evening.
Saturday is not part of the event so there are no marshals or medics on the track. You are responsible for your own safety and well being during Saturday.
Race day with official Practice and race with Marshals & Medics on the race track.
Sunday – Race Day
Registration 8.30am to 10.30am You must sign on and register before riding the track.
4.30pm Podiums Top 3 in each category
Entry procedure, distribution of identification numbers: The race is pre-entry only, though if spaces remain, we will accept very limited entries on the day. Enter via the British Cycling website.
You do not need a race licence to race.
It is their responsibility to look after your number board. A lost number board will mean a £5.00 charge for a replacement as will a number board that has a modified shape and sponsors’ logos removed. No defacing of number boards. The number boards remain the property of Mini Downhill.
- 65km on and off-road sportive utilising quiet roads, green lanes and bridleways around the valleys and villages of the Cotswold Hills south of Cheltenham. Shorter routes are also available.
The route is suitable for riders of all abilities and ages of 14 years and over. Gravel, MTB and cyclo cross bikes are recommended and helmets are compulsory. Not suitable for standard road bikes. You can expect a wide range of riding surfaces as well as plenty of mud if it has rained recently.
Full refunds available should the event be cancelled due to COVID-19.
Full details at:
Updates coming in due course.
Usual drill great riding, rough agenda below and see links for adventures to Scotland in the past. Some very high level thoughts, copied and pasted from previous as a starter for 10…will fine tune i.e. accommodation as numbers progress.
Need to get people confirmed so we can sort out suitable accomodation. Thurs to Monday again.
An uplift is now available to all the Downhill runs at Innerleithin, all graded as extreme, book your own uplift if you want to do these, or you can ride up!
Accommodation – Kalzie Bunkhouse, for the duration, choose your trail centre and head off for the day
– Remember just normal trail gear including knee pad and arm pads if you have them.
– Remember could be wet so bring jackets
– Groups will be split and each trails centre is different so the variety is epic.
– Bring plenty of clothes as we are riding for a few days
– There are plenty of bike shops if you need an urgent part so don’t everyone bring the kitchen sink of spares – normal rules apply maybe just a few extra inner tubes, a mech hanger, chain link, good tyres, spare set of brake pads, 3 litre bladder, good humour and plenty of stories.
– Bring your own food for on the trail so energy bars/gels and energy drink, you will need it especially if hot
– Eating, lots of options but bring a small bag of you own favourites like crisis, breakfast cereals just so you have essentials.
– Buddy up for travelling start asking
– Evening eating, there a few takeaways, restaurants or supermarkets or if you want to cook at base.