Sunday Staunton FoD Shred – Red Grade
Taking in all of what Staunton has to offer. Red riders only as it’s technical and steep. Roughly 20 miles.
8:30 am start, which is really 9:30 am due to clocks going back an hour.
Meeting place and directions
Meet in big layby just before you reach Staunton approaching on A4136 from Gloucester.
Can use ‘Whippingtons Corner, Staunton, Coleford GL16 8NT’ For Sat Nav. Layby is approx. 600m before this address (or 600m after if you have approached from Monmouth)
Red group: High constant pace, fewer stops, steep climbs and descents and rooty/rocky technical single track.
- Helmet (mandatory);
- Decent bike lights (required if you get lost or we go in a cave);
- Gloves (advisable but riding gloveless is also acceptable if you’ve got mad skillz);
- Drink (advisable);
- Elbow/ knee pads (advisable);
- Hard tail/ Full Suss (advisable);
- Energy food (advisable);
- Sun cream (advisable);
Suggested spares list:
- Spare inner tube;
- Puncture repair kit;
- Multi tool/Chain tool;
- Missing Link;
- Spare derailleur hanger (emergency or suited to bike).