Remember we have agreed NOT to do:
- RIDE OFF THE BEACON DOWN THE STEPS (WITH THE PLASTIC GAUSE) This slope at the end of run off the beacon was repaired a few years back, and it is not in good shape. We will need to either walk down, or find an alternative route.
- DO NOT, AT ANY TIME RIDE ON THE GRASSLANDS. We will need to keep to the paths when we make our way over to Walkers.
- DO NOT RIDE ON THE FORT RIDGE AT ANY TIME. This ancient fort is thought to date back to neolithic times, and it is being eroded by walkers and bikers.
- DO NOT RIDE ON THE GOLF COURSE. For obvious reasons
Remember to bring money for a post ride beer if you have time:)
Below are the details for the Green, Blue & Red (GB) Grade Bigfoot MBC weekly rides. We will meet and ride with the same timings, however groups will be sorted at the start according to numbers, ability and preference.
- Ride Lead Green: TBN
- Ride Lead Blue: TBN
- Ride Lead Red: TBN
- Green group: Medium intermittent pace with rest stops as needed, steep climbs and descents and rooty/stoney technical single track.
- Blue group: Medium-high constant pace, steep climbs and descents and rooty/stoney technical single and DH tracks.
- Red group: High constant pace, fewer stops, steep climbs and descents and rooty/stoney technical single & DH tracks.
- Helmet (mandatory)
- Decent bike lights (mandatory)
- Gloves (advisable)
- Drink (advisable)
- Elbow/ knee pads (advisable)
- Hard tail/ Full Suss (advisable)
- Energy food (advisable)
- Waterproof shell (advisable)
Suggested spares list:
- Spare inner tube
- Puncture repair kit
- Multi tool/Chain tool
- Missing Link
- Spare derailleur hanger (emergency or suited to bike)