Leckhampton Ride from the new start point. We ride Lecky, also venturing over to Whistley Hill, through Timbercombe Woods.
Meeting place and directions
Leckhampton Hill Top Car Park, Hartley Lane GL53 9QL
(New location is now on the Meeting points page)
Directions: If you start to drive down Leckhampton hill from the Air Balloon (first left after roundabout), follow the road around tightish left swoop then look for a VERY tight RIGHT turn that turns back on itself slightly. This is Hartley Lane.
Drive up the road, DO NOT park in Hartley Lane CP (It’s an old quarry), drive past, up the steep hill, past the HUGE grand designs house on the left, then take you next left. Just on your right you’ll see the car park. Simple!
Below are the details for the Green, Blue & Red (GB) Grade Bigfoot MBC weekly rides. We will meet and ride with the same timings, however groups will be sorted at the start according to numbers, ability and preference.
- Ride Lead Green: TBN
- Ride Lead Blue: TBN
- Ride Lead Red: TBN
- Green group: Medium intermittent pace with rest stops as needed, steep climbs and descents and rooty/stoney technical single track.
- Blue group: Medium-high constant pace, steep climbs and descents and rooty/stoney technical single and DH tracks.
- Red group: High constant pace, fewer stops, steep climbs and descents and rooty/stoney technical single & DH tracks.
- Helmet (mandatory)
- Decent bike lights (mandatory)
- Gloves (advisable)
- Drink (advisable)
- Elbow/ knee pads (advisable)
- Hard tail/ Full Suss (advisable)
- Energy food (advisable)
- Waterproof shell (advisable)
Suggested spares list:
- Spare inner tube
- Puncture repair kit
- Multi tool/Chain tool
- Missing Link
- Spare derailleur hanger (emergency or suited to bike)