Stauton (Forest of Dean) – BigfootMBC ‘Gnarly’ Saturday Club Ride
Meeting place and directions
Meet in big layby just before you reach Staunton approaching on A4136 from Gloucester.
Can use ‘Whippingtons Corner, Staunton, Coleford GL16 8NT’ For Sat Nav. Layby is approx. 600m before this address (or 600m after if you have approached from Monmouth)
Below are the details for the Green, Blue & Red Grade Bigfoot MBC Saturday rides. We will meet and ride with the same timings, however groups will be agreed at the start according to numbers, ability and preference.
Blue group: Medium-high constant pace, steep climbs and descents and rooty/rocky technical single track.
Red group: High constant pace, fewer stops, steep climbs and descents and rooty/rocky technical single track.
- Helmet (mandatory);
- Decent bike lights (required if you get lost or we go in a cave);
- Gloves (advisable but riding gloveless is also acceptable if you’ve got mad skillz);
- Drink (advisable);
- Elbow/ knee pads (advisable);
- Hard tail/ Full Suss (advisable);
- Energy food (advisable);
- Sun cream (advisable);
Suggested spares list:
- Spare inner tube;
- Puncture repair kit;
- Multi tool/Chain tool;
- Missing Link;
- Spare derailleur hanger (emergency or suited to bike).