October 2020 meeting minutes

Venue

The Royal William

Time and Date

8pm  Wednesday 7 October 2020

Meeting Chaired by

Buzz (AW)

Committee  

Buzz (AW), Janet Clarke (JC), David Marsden-Green (DMG), William Danter (WD)

Others

Apologies          

Steve White (SW)

Minutes taken by 

William Danter

Topics

  1. Check September minutes are correct 
  2. September action jobs
  3. Club kit hand out
  4. Website up date
  5. Club Rides with new social gathering regulations
  6. Christmas Socials
  7. A.O.B.

AW thanked everyone for taking the time to attend the meeting.

1: Check September minutes

All agreed they were correct.

2:  September action jobs

  • Action AW to get Jason Ayres new address and send his club kit
    Completed by WD
  • Action Check on any new guidance from British Cycling
    Completed
  • Action Create a more detailed Polly Poll for next Tuesday with max group sizes of six
    Completed
  • Action JC to cut Stickers up and hand them out
    Completed
  • Action Chris to reimburse SW for sticker payment
    Completed
  • Action WD to organise next Tuesday Ride at Parkend
    Completed by SW
  • Action WD to post it on the calendar
    Completed
  • Action WD to collect demo lights
    Completed

3: Club Kit Hand out

  • Kit hand out all handed out except one or two members we have not seen for a while.

4: Website update

  • No update

5: Club Rides with new social gathering regulations

  • Tuesday rides are going ok
  • With social restrictions here for the foreseeable future, we agreed groups will have to be kept split up. WD said we need to create maps with start points, once made they can be reused easily.
  • Action WD do create start point maps with what3word links 
  • We discussed and agreed to expand our Tuesday ride rotor as it’s getting a bit boring riding the same trails.  
  • JC proposed Stinchcombe as we have a number of members who ride their regular
  • We discussed October rides and decided on The George (13), Stinchcombe (20 and FOD PABA (27) 
  • Action WD to post and encourage ride leaders

6: Christmas Socials

  • WD brought up our Christmas party.  All agreed we can’t see it being allowed…
  • WD said we should still try and do something fun and suggested enhancing the Christmas Ride. We would still abide by the rule of 6 and  social distanced groups of course
  • AW suggested we could do a trail find with hidden prizes. Everyone liked this idea and agreed it’s something to work on.
  • WD said even though the groups would be split up, they could still engage on Slack or Social media to share the fun
  • Action work on ideas for a Christmas ride

7: AOB

  • DMG said Dan Edwards had brought up the need for members to inform the club/ride leaders of any medical medical condition.  Agreed it would be good to update the membership form.
  • Action Ask Steve White to update form 
  • AW spoke about the shock whiz and it does not seem to be getting used much
  • DMG informed us that we now have 95 members. Committee thanked DMG for the great work he is doing bringing new members into our club and sport.
  • All agreed we need to encourage members to post there rides up

Next meeting date set for

  • Wednesday 4 November  8-9pm at Royal William
  • Action WD to post it on the calendar

Posted in Bigfoot, News.