June 24 meeting minutes

Time and Date

8pm  Wednesday 24 June 2020

Hosted on Zoom by

William Danter

Meeting Chaired by

Janet Clarke

Committee  

Janet Clarke (JC), David Marsden-Green (DMG), Steve White (SW), Chris Smart (CS) William Danter (WD)

Others

Apologies          

Adam Wass with internet connection problems. William also had problems, having to reboot his wifi router and rejoin….

Minutes taken by 

William Danter

Topics

  1. Check June minutes are correct 
  2. June  action jobs
  3. Restarting Club Rides
  4. Club kit order
  5. A.O.B

1: Check June minutes

All agreed minutes are correct.

2:  June action jobs

  • Action CS to reimburse DMG postage and laminator costs
    To do
  • Action finish kit order
    Ready to take payments
  • Action send out raffle winner prizes
    Completed and posted on Instagram
  • Action WD to get LL vouchers
    Completed
  • Action JC to ride trails
    Completed
  • Action SW  to post up date on club  rides & government guidelines
    Completed
  • Action WD to post next meeting on calendar
    Completed
  • Action WD to update any events that get cancelled
    Completed
  • Action Steve Atkinson to transfer payment for shock
    Completed on May 16

3: Restarting Club Ride

  • Committee agreed we are all keen to restart Tuesday evening club rides in an updated format to comply with guidelines.
  • Some of us had read Eastgate Cycles ride plan and all agreed it was very long winded.
  • Agreed to use ride locations where plenty of  members have local trail knowledge as we will need more ride leaders.  Thinking Cranham/Painswick, Selsey, Park End, FOD and Standish.
  • All members must post if they wish to ride so groups can be worked out
  • This should happen on the Tuesday channel with members buddying up in groups of up to  6 riders
  • Remind members to keep the 2m social distance and keep the groups apart.
  • Keep one start point, but as soon as a group is organised they should start their ride
  • Action SW to post Tuesday rides are back
  • Action WD to post Tuesday 30 June ride with updated details
  • British Cycling announcement  link.

4: Club Kit order

  • CS has sent finalised spreadsheet to SW
  • Action SW to post spreadsheet screenshots on Kit Channel so members can transfer payment and ask them to post when they have.
  • Action CS to track payments and update spreadsheets.
  • Once all payments are in the order will be confirmed with Kalas

5: AOB

  • JC pointed out we have a lot more Slack users than members who are benefitting without renewing their membership .
  • Agreed to have a Slack and Strava cull on July 1st of  members who have not renewed
  • Action DMG to cull anyone who has not renewed  on July 1
  • Action WD to post the next club meeting on August 5.  Hopefully back at the Royal William

Next meeting date set for

  • Wednesday  5  August  8-9pm on Royal William?


June 24 action jobs list

  • Action CS to reimburse DMG for postage and laminator costs
  • Action SW to post Tuesday rides are back
    Completed
  • Action WD to post Tuesday 30 June ride with updated details
  • Action WD to post the next club meeting on August 5. Hopefully back at the Royal William
  • Action SW to post spreadsheet screenshots on Kit Channel so members can transfer payment and ask them to post when they have.
    Completed
  • Action CS to track payments and update spreadsheets.
  • Action DMG to cull anyone who has not renewed  on July 1
Posted in News.