January club AGM meeting minutes 2020

Meeting Chaired by 

Adam Wass (AW)

Committee  

Adam Wass (AW), William Danter (WD), Chris Smart (CS), Steve White (SW), Ian Rickard (IR)

Others

Dan Grylls (DG), Dan Venn (DV), Dave MG (DMG), Barney Smart (BS)

Apologies          

Adam Hampson

Minutes taken by 

William Danter

Date & Venue


Wednesday 8 January  2020  at the Royal William

Topics

  1. Check previous minutes are correct 
  2. December action jobs
  3. New committee 
  4. Christmas party feedback
  5. New club kit
  6. Rides & events
  7. New website with Dan Grylls slack / calendar solution
  8. Treasurer report
  9. A.O.B

1: November minutes

  • AW asked if all members present had read the previous minutes
  • Everyone was in agreement they are correct

2: December action jobs

AW went through the December action jobs.

  • Action SW to sign us up for British Cycling cover and CS to transfer payment.
    • Completed
  • Action CS Get raffle tickets.
    • Completed
  • Action SW create graphic for raffle.                                      
    • Completed
  • Action get trophies back.                                                             
    • Completed
  • Action JC to ask LL if they would like to donate some prizes. 
    • Completed
  • Action organise poll for voting on 1: Most improved rider. 2:  Racer of the year. 3: Spanner of the year 4: Contributor of the year.                                                                                                                            
    • Completed
  • Action SW to update Christmas Party graphic.                  
    • Completed
  • Action JC to ask LL if they would like to donate some prizes.                                                  
    • Completed
  • Action organise poll for voting on 1: Most improved rider. 2:  Racer of the year. 3: Spanner of the year 4: Contributor of the year.                                                                                                                            
    • Completed
  • Action SW to contact Kalas re current pricing.                                                                               
    • Still to do
  • Action AW to plug our causal club kit.
    • Completed
  • Action Find a new membership secretary                                                                                             
    • Completed
  • Action WD to post January Tuesday rides locations and keep calendar packed             
    • Completed
  • Action WD to get Mini & Mash Up Enduro dates for 2020                                                          
    • Completed
  • Action AW to organise a social evening                                                                                                  
    • Moved to February    

3: Proposed committee members

AW thanked outgoing committee members Adam Hampson and Ian Rickard for all the work they have put in to the club. 

A vote was held for each proposed committee position.

  • Chairperson:             
    • Adam Wass voted back in
  • Proposed vice chairperson:   
    • Janet Clarke JC voted in
  • Treasurer:                    
    • Chris Smart voted back in
  • Proposed membership:            
    • Dave MG voted in
  • Social media:                             
    • Steve White voted back in
  • Events/secretary:            
    • William Danter voted back in

WD spoke on the handover of the club email addresses to JC & DMG and how they will also have access to the Club Google Drive docs to aid in there work for the club.

Action SW to forward their passwords to JC & DMG

4: Christmas Party

  • 38 attended, up from 36 in 2018
  • Awards
  • Best Christmas jumper
    • Ben Roberts
  • 1: Most improved rider:          
    • James Payne
  • 2:  Racer of the year:                 
    • Jack Hill
  • 3:  Spanner of the year :           
    • Steve Atkinson
  • 4: Contributor of the year:
    • William Danter
  • Action JC to hand trophy to   WD

5:  New Club Kit order

  • AW asked about looking at using another kit supplier like Enduro. WD & DV both said it was too late this year as it  would entail a long lead time. We would need quite a few kit samples for members to look at and try on so they could be assured of the correct sizing. 
  • AW asked if Kalas have a club kit page for members to see our kit options
  • SW replied he made a brochure last time with all our options, but they may do
  • SW has spoken to Phil regarding LL renewing our sponsorship. Phil is happy to continue and just waiting on confirmation from head office.
  • We discussed a clear order timeline for members
  • Place orders by the end of February
  • All kit paid for in advance
  • Inform members of kit delivery time from order
  • SW & CS spoke on how we can not know the cost of each item until we have all the orders in. We then can see what Kalas price band we are in, the more you spend, the cheaper the kit is.  Then club and sponsor subsidies can be worked out so reducing the cost to members.
  • CS is going to carry on using the Excel spreadsheet he made last year as it handles the complexities better than Google sheets. We could still use a basic Google sheet for WD to take and track basic orders if this helps CS.
  • Action SW to contact Kalas regarding 2020 product prices and club web page

6: Rides & Events

  • WD brought up members might be interested in the FOD Thursday Curry Rides, these are held on the last Thursday in the month. 
  • Dom Whyte has posted his Afan Birthday ride for Sat 18 Jan and looks like plenty of riders interested.
  • Few members booked a BPW away day for Thurs Jan 30
  • WD has put the Malvern Classic 2020 date in calendar
  • WD posted January Tuesday rides locations and keep calendar packed
  • WD posted Mini, Mash Up & Welsh Open Enduro dates for 2020
  • HOTS, HONC & Welsh Gravelly all added
  • WD spoke about the Mash Up Enduros races being fun and that the format allows you to race and ride with your mates. 
  • WD also brought up the Welsh Open EWS qualifier Enduro at Dyfi. Would be a great weekend of racing for members, riding natural trails that are out of bonds normally. 
  • Action WD to post a FOD Thursday ride

7:  New Website

  • SW asked CS to pay for hosting so that Matt Barret can load word press. We are changing our host provider as we should get a better service. We will have a few months overlap in fees.
  • Action CS to pay for new web hosting
  • DG mentioned how our current server goes down quite often, new host should have a better service.
  • Staying with Slack for Chat (forum) and working on more integration
  • Team looking at a new calendar for us to post ride details, but we don’t really need the comments section anymore.
  • SW said we may need to purchase some plugins for word press
  • BS asked about the need for the general public being able to see all the rides as we could get targeted by bike thieves.
  • SW spoke on how this has been discussed in the past and we need to show our ride calendar to advertise the club to new members. Riding spots are targeted by thieves so we advise members to make sure their bikes are secure.

8: Treasurer’s Report

  • CS gave the committee an overview of current expenditure and balance. No future liabilities. Still some refunds for the North Wales trip as about 4 members paid and never went.

AOB

  • AW as if we still have any stickers left, SW replied yes and we agreed to hand them out to members.
  • Action SW & JC to hand stickers out
  • WD asked SW if he is still making a new club poster for us to promote the club with. SW replied yes and he would finish it when he gets time.
  • Action SW to make new club poster
  • AW spoke about the lady giving Ben Roberts abuse for riding Walkers in Painswick and then dragging branches across the trail. 
  • We asked who owns the woods? Tim Knibs has a contact
  • IR spoke that we are technically trespassing and there used to be signs saying Walkers only, hence the trail name.
  • We spoke about how mountain bikers have ridden those trails for years and that it may not be our right, but this does not give anyone the right to cause us injury by blocking the trails in a dangerous manner.
  • Action to arrange for the local forestry guy to attend our next meeting for a chat regarding our rights and working together to look after our countryside for all to enjoy in a safe manner.
  • AW asked for members to behave if a courtesy manner so not getting the club a bad name.
  • AW asked if we have up to date list of club tools/assets. CS said we have a list on our web site, but doubt it’s  up to date.
  • Action update our tools/assets list
  • AW spoke on how  we need to agree a  usage time for the club shock wiz, a two week time limit was agreed. Currently with CS.
  • WD asked if the voting channel could be archived
  • Action SW to archive voting channel
  • WD informed us about kids building loads of jumps on the Chip Shop run and that this will cause problems with the Forestry commission. Not much we can do about it, but if anyone sees the kids it would be good to let them know this will cause us action problems.

Next meeting date set for

  • Wednesday  5 Feb 8-9pm  at the Royal William. William to post
  • Action WD to add calendar post 

January Action jobs list

  • Action AW to organise a February social evening
  • Action SW to forward their passwords to JC & DMG
  • Action JC to hand trophy to WD
  • Action SW to contact Kalas regarding 2020 product prices and club web page
  • Action WD to post a FOD Thursday ride
  • Action CS to pay for new web hosting
  • Action SW & JC to hand stickers out
  • Action SW to make new club poster
  • Action to arrange for the local forestry guy to attend our next meeting for a chat regarding our rights and working together to look after our countryside for all to enjoy in a safe manner.
  • Action update our tools/assets list
  • Action SW to archive voting channel
  • Action WD to add calendar post
Posted in Bigfoot, News.