December club meeting minutes 2019

Meeting Chaired by 

Adam Wass (WS)

Committee  

Adam Wass (WS), Steve White (SW) Chris Smart (CS), William Danter (WD)

Others

Apologies          

Minutes taken by 

William Danter (WD)

Topics

      1. Check previous minutes are correct 
      2. November action jobs
      3. Christmas Party
      4. New Club Kit
      5. Rides & Events
      6. New Website with Dan Grylls Slack / Calendar solution
      7. Treasurer report
      8. A.O.B

1: November minutes

  • Minutes all correct

2: November action jobs

  • Action SW to sign us up for British Cycling cover and CS to transfer payment. In process
  • Action JC to remind members of Stretch for success. Completed
  • Action SW to update Christmas Party graphic. Completed
  • Action Remind members of Christmas party to increase uptake.                Completed
  • Action JC to ask LL for contribution and to get raffle vouchers.
  • Action organise poll for voting on 1: Most improved rider. 2:  Racer of the year. 3: Spanner of the year 4: Contributor of the year.
  • Action AW to plug our causal club kit. Completed
  • Action SW to contact Kalas re current pricing.
  • Action AW to approach company regarding sponsorship.  Completed
  • Action encourage more green and XC rides and help out posting rides if members are not sure how to do this. Completed
  • Action WD to post December Tuesday rides locations and keep calendar packed.  Completed
  • Action Find a new membership secretary                                                                                              In process
  • Action DG & SW work together and set this up Slack voting to trial. Completed
  • Action SW to set up slack channel for sub committee to liaise and work on new site. Completed
  • Action AW to organise a social evening

3: Christmas Party

  • 34  members booked so far. 36 attended in 2018
  • Agreed order cut off date with the RW of Monday 9 December
  • Agreed to pay in full on 9 December
  • Nut Roast option added and Brownie confirmed as gluten free only
  • Start time of 7:30pm with meal at 8pm
  • Discussed raffle prizes, Contributor is the main prize, see what prizes we get off Phil and we will have £10 LL vouchers.
  • Best Christmas jumper will get free membership for 2020
  • Polling, ask  Andrew to arrange poll so we have a week for voting
  • Christmas speech,  WS said he was still struggling with child care so may not make the meal, but would definitely be there to make the speech and awards.
  • Action CS Get raffle tickets
  • Action SW create graphic for raffle
  • Action get trophies back
  • Action JC to ask LL of they would like to donate some prizes
  • Action organise poll for voting on 1: Most improved rider. 2:  Racer of the year. 3: Spanner of the year 4: Contributor of the year.

4:  New Club Kit order

  • AW more members asking for new kit so we need to start the order process after Christmas.
  • AW asked we if we should look at other kit suppliers. Agreed to stay with Kalas as we know the quality, styles, fit and it would be too much work to take on at present.
  • JC said we can get kit reference codes off last year’s spreadsheet to clarify kit product names ect.
  • SW said we should have a Kalas club web page with a list of our kit for members to look at.
  • Agreed to start kit order in Jan and to inform members of the schedule. Once orders are in, payment must be made before we place our order with Kalas.
  • CS is going to carry on using the Excel spreadsheet he made last year as it handles the complexities better than Google sheets. We could still use a basic Google sheet for WD to take orders if this helped CS.
  • SW has contacted our sponsors, three ok, but Pedal Cover are not able to renew our sponsorship.
  • AW now works for a company that owns Kryptonite bike locks and he can offer their range of locks with a huge discount.
  • Action AW to plug our causal club kit
  • Action AW to approach company regarding sponsorship
  • Action SW to contact Kalas re current pricing

7: Rides & Events

  • Discussed pre Christmas party ride on Saturday 14 December
  • Christmas Eve ride starting at 10am from the Royal William with social post ride drinks for those not working still.
  • Cannock Chase ride posted by Dom for Saturday 28 December
  • WD mentioned FOD are doing a Boxing Day ride/event
  • Malverns and Pinned TV are doing a MTB Family Ride on Sunday December 29. WD to post about this on slack.
  • WD brought up members might be interested in a FOD Thursday Curry Ride for Jan 30
  • Doms posted his Afan Birthday ride for Sat 18 Jan
  • Few members booked a BPW away day for Thurs Jan 30
  • WD mentioned a Welsh Gravity Enduro Dyfi race weekend idea could be of interest to members.
  • JC looking at an upcoming Tuesday Cross Hands XC ride
  • WD has put the Malvern Classic 2020 date in calendar
  • Action WD to post January Tuesday rides locations and keep calendar packed
  • Action WD to get Mini & Mash Up Enduro dates for 2020

8:  New Website

  • Agreed to start this is January

9: Treasurer’s Report

  • CS gave the committee an overview of current expenditure and balance.

AOB

  • AW said as most members seem busy in December, he will organize a social evening in January
  • Discussed possible new committee members

Next meeting date set for

  • Wednesday  8 January 8-9pm  at the Royal William
  • Not in calendar yet
Posted in Bigfoot, News.

Leave a Reply