Meeting Chaired by
William Danter (WD)
William Danter (WD), Chris Smart (CS), Ian Rickard (IR)
Adam Wass, Adam Hampson & Steve White on holiday
Minutes taken by
Date & Venue
Wednesday 14 August at the Royal William
1: Previous meeting minutes
- Committee agreed these are correct
2: Summer BBQ feedback
- Katy Curd was ill so could not coach us unfortunately
- Need a better BBQ next year
- First outing for the new flag
- Smaller turn out than 2018 but members still enjoyed the day
3: British Cycle Insurance
- Buzz had made the point that we should have insurance for our ride leaders
- Steve White has arranged this at a cost of £99
- CS transferred payment to SW
4: North Wales away weekend
- Accommodation for Friday 25 and Saturday 26 October
- Slack channel #trip-bf-north-wales
- WD created Google Sheet, CS has edited it to track payments and AC is managing members bookings
- Details can be finalized at the next meeting when Anthony & Steve are back off holiday
5: Walkie Talkies
- Proposal by Dave MG to look at walkie talkies https://www.radio-solutions.co.uk/motorola-walkie-talkie-t82-extreme-quad-pack.html
- IR said said the club had a set of Walkie Talkies a few years back but found the range very limiting. We looked at the range of this Motorola & decided they would be of little use.
- Blurb from web site “Please note that range may vary depending on environment actual range in built up areas is estimated around 1-2km”
6: Shock Wiz
- Shockwiz now paid for. Currently with Steve White.
- Action: When Steve is back from holiday, system to set-up to ensure this is promoted and distributed.
- New Slack channel to monitor who has it at any given point in time.
- Tutorial videos
- All members keeping entries for 2020
- Event is always the first weekend in August
8: Upcoming Races
- BNES & WGES at Dyfi at the end of August
- Could be a fun weekend away for racers
- William supplying catering
- Mini Enduro Oct 20th
- Oli, Matt B, Janet, Alex, Richie A
- Action WD to post Mini Enduro on calendar
- With the progression of members riding, were seeing more interest in Enduro races
9: Tuesday night rides
- We need to post rides earlier for members
- Mikey is now posting Tuesday rides as Adam has a lot on, but needs direction on ride locations
- Ride members not using website so makes it hard to gauge numbers & grouping
- Dan Grylls has an idea for linking Slack feed to website calendar?
- Need new website? See what comes of Dan’s Slack link, then think about future changes / upgrades. Andrew M first port of call as our current web-master.
- Lights starting to be needed
- Members should have small rear lights & maybe one front light
- Maybe post about light type and use for new membersCheck club lights are ready to loan out to new members
- LL can arrange demo lights again if desired. Possibility of other demo items (eg: winter has a few reps visit LL after-hours to demo new products)
10: Cheltenham Festival of Cycling
- Taking place on Sunday September 1 on Montpellier Gardens
- Council planning to hold 4 Festivals a year
- They are looking for volunteers so put this to members
- Club could look at a presence at the Festival
- William has flyers for local bike shops
- Club to share Festival posts
- Naz Whites company TomCat normally attends
- More details here: https://cheltenhamcyclingfestival.org.uk/the-festival-2019/
- Volunteers need and to contact Claire.a.Cook@cheltenham.gov.uk
11: Treasurer’s Report
- CS gave us an overview of balance & future outgoing
- Evening maintenance night to be planned for when the nights start closing-in. Oct?
- Venue @ Royal William with similar set-up to last time. 3 or 4 stations and possibly some food too.
- Tool kit. Donation of the tap tool to thread the inner of the steerer tube to accept the multi-tool that fits inside.
- Club assets page to be updated.
Next meeting date set for
- Wednesday 4 September 8-9pm at the Royal William.
- SW has already put this in the calendar