June club meeting minutes 2019

Date: Wednesday  5  June 2019

Venue: Royal William

Meeting Chaired by

Steve White (SW)

Committee

Steve White (SW), William Danter (WD),  Chris Smart (CS) Ian Rickard (IR)

Others

Janet Clarke (JC), Steve Atkinson (SA)

Apologies

Adam Wass (AW) & Adam Hampson (AH)

Minutes taken by

William Danter (WD)

1: Summer BBQ

  • Weekend confirmed as the last in July but just need to agree on which day
  • Sure its Sunday July 28
  • Leave arrangements until next meeting
  • Action AW to confirm date
  • Redhill have confirmed that they will charge £100
  • Barbecue and Gazebos needed. Can use WDs Gazebos if he is not using them
  • Ask Ron about borrowing his BBQ
  • IR & JC put forward the idea of a coaching session. This was well received and club will contact Katy Curd about a coaching dirt jump session

2: Summer Post Ride Crepe Evening

  • Tuesday 25 June as long as weather plays nice
  • WD to supply Crepes
  • Club will pay for drinks
  • CS can get drinks from work at best price
  • SW to do a graphic
  • WD to post n promote
  • Weather dependant

3: Raffle prizes and membership

  • Action SW to send 417 uplift vouchers to the winners
  • Still plenty of membership cards to be given out
  • Cards tend to get given out on Tuesday ride, but so many members don’t make this and AH is very busy at present
  • Few members asking for them to show shops for discounts
  • WD said to look at posting them and he would be happy to help
  • Action arrange postage of cards

4: Cheltenham Festival of Cycling

  • SW attend and said it was all about getting people into cycling
  • We discussed the possibility of  promoting the club there next year

4: Shock Wiz

  • Discussed if we would like to buy a used Shock Wiz of Dan Venn
  • Most agreed that they found it useful to help set up and understand their suspension and would like to use it
  • Shops charge about £50 to hire them
  • Decided to buy it
  • WD said we should do blog with links on how to use it

5: More XC rides

Message from Dom Whyte

Can’t make committee mtg as teaching this eve then child care. Can we just remind all that club rides if offered should always go on main website – they probably do but maybe a few go astray, obviously talking about rides where all club members welcome as in club site and slack as any other stuff wouldn’t be there as it’s private

  • Agreed the need to post more general XC rides
  • Encourage members to  post up rides on website calendar
  • Encourage members to  post on calendar when they plan to ride so ride leaders know what members plan to ride

5: North Wales away trip

  • AC helping organise trip
  • SW looked at Air B&B but these are not always ideal for MTB and small print can leave us liable for any cleaning
  • Agreed Lodge bunk houses are ideal really
  • Camping an option but weather dependant
  • Maybe stay in Betws-y-Coed as near two trails we could be riding
  • Plenty of trails the club has not ridden as a group yet with good mix of XC n Tech trails
  • Around 20 members interested so far
  • Still debating on date with  October 19-20 clashing with Finale holiday
  • Looking into September
  • Action once date agreed, WD to put basics on web site

6: Treasurer’s Report

  • CS  gave us a breakdown of all recent income and  expenditure
  • Discussed the extra kit order discount we received after order surpassed a certain figure
  • Action  CS to work out everyone’s discount on their orders and ask if they would like this transferred back or left in club account to spend on Crepe Ride Beers/drinks Summer BBQ ect

7: AOB

  • CS to email his April minutes to WD so they can be added to our google drive docs for future reference
  • Discussed if we would like to order a new flag to display at events to help promote club
  • Action SW to update design and order one
  • WD said  Pedal a Bike Away are open late every  Thursday evening now and FOD Thursday mates races would be fun for members
  • Discussed British Cycling association and club insurance cover associated with this
  • Club social kits consensus, how do we or should we promote further?

Next meeting date set for

  • Wednesday 3 July  8-9pm at the Royal William and SW has put this in the calendar
Posted in Bigfoot.