Meeting Minutes: 12 December 2018

Meeting Date:                   12 December 2018

Meeting chaired by:           Steve White

Minutes taken by:              William Danter

Attendees

Committee Members:        Steve White, Adam Hampson, William Danter, Chris Smart

Others:                             Ian Rickard & Janet Clarke

Apologies:                         None

 

1: Club Christmas Party Saturday 15 December

  • 36 members attending and all have paid
  • Chris Smart has paid the Royal William for xmas meal
  • Janet has some raffle tickets Action: Chris to buy another book, just in case.
  • Trophies arranged to be brought on the night for 2018 awards
  • New Ayres Club contributor trophy to be awarded
  • Prizes and LeisureLakesBikes vouchers will be used as prizes
  • Adam Hampson & Chris Smart Tag team to sell raffles tickets when members arrive at party
  • Raffle should pay for first round of drinks on the club
  • Steve said every award should come with a prize
  • Main prize for main Ayres Contribution award

2: Club Kit

  • Nearly everyone paid
  • Chasing last few payments up
  • 94 items of kit ordered, largest order EVER!
  • 4 spare jerseys. 2 short sleeve & 2 long sleeve. no sponsorship paid on these. Will give club discount on them when sold though.
  • Waiting on two logos from Sprung & Pedal Cover to complete artwork
  • Sponsorship deal starts Jan 1 so big media push in new year
  • Discussed when money is due with Kalas, price being held & valued in £? 
  • Chris checked emails and prices stated up until December 1
  • Action: Steve White to liaise with Kalas asap and confirm order 

3: Google Drive 

  • Agreed the need for a Club Google Drive account to store club information and for the committee to be able to collaborate on with out cross platform issues 
  • Account to be tied to Chairmans email address so easy to pass on and account is owned by the club
  • Asked if Jason Ayres could transfer the members sheet to club. This however is on his personal sheet. So we will copy it to the club drive for committee members access only & Jason will then delete the original copy on his drive

4: Christmas Ride 

  • Saturday 22 December 12 noon til 2pm with social drink after in a Royal William
  • Open to non members
  • Ian, said to advise members to try and park in lane, ride up or car share so not to take up to much of the Royal Williams parking space at the busiest time of year.

5: Club Constitution

  • Andrew Maddison has sent a draft club constitution which we are obliged to have 
  • 3 or 5 committee members to agree stuff? Decided on 3

6: Banking

  • HSB bank account set up about 7 years ago
  • Peter Newell & Ian Rickard are banking signatories
  • Discussed who’s name account is in & the difficulty in getting bank account details changed
  • Discussed bank transfer limits for when paying big kit bills.
  • Financial  year 1 April 
  • Cheque books to be ripped up so access to club funds is only by the treasury 

6: Any other business

  • Paid Royal William for Christmas party 
  • Kit order of to pay
  • Balance of approx. £500 in account after bills are paid
  • BigfootMBC spends club funds with subsidised kit, events etc. Aim is to spend club funds for the benefit of the members 
  • Club kit subs cost £675
  • £200 for spare jerseys
  • Discussed arranging new club Hoodies & T shirts in 2019. No sponsorship logos on this casual gear as sponsorship money is for riding kit. Keep causal clothing simple with just the BigFootMBC logo & maybe slogans?
  • Club cards to be ordered ready for 2019 and will include sponsor/support logo’s. These are now more important to give out for members to use to get discounts
  • Action: Advertise committee Chairman & member posts
  • Club AGM date TBD?
Posted in News.