Hello and welcome to Bigfoot Mountain Bike Club!
Hello, we are The Bigfoot Mountain Bike Club and we like riding bikes! We want you to enjoy it too, no matter what level you ride at or what type of mountain biking you like….and even some road riding as well….but that is not our main bread and butter. Have a poke around and if you want to say ‘Hi’ then drop us a line from the contacts page (http://www.bigfootmbc.co.uk/contact/) and hope to see you out on the trail soon! A bit more about us – our motto: just get out and ride! What we are – more Big Society than Nanny State
- We are a group of like-minded people who enjoy riding mountain bikes and, increasingly, road bikes too
- We welcome people with different interests, skill levels and ambitions – cross country, all mountain, jumps, drops, fast runs, downhilling, enduros, 12/24 hour team/individual events, sportives…
- The club exists as a means for people to ride together and share trail knowledge
- The more we ride, the more we improve in skills and confidence, and by riding with people who have more experience and skills, we improve still further
- We ride various areas in Gloucestershire (Cranham, Standish, Selsley, Stinchcombe, North Nibley and the Forest of Dean) and further afield in the UK and beyond
- We aim to provide knowledge and help on all aspects of biking be it the right bike, equipment setup, training or general good advice
- A variety of weekly rides to suit all speeds, tastes and aspirations that run (nearly) 365 days a year, day or night
The only real thing we rigorously insist on is that every member of the club must have 3rd party cycle insurance courtesy of CTC, which you get when you join the Bigfoot team.
‘The club had about 100 members last year and is run by a small but beautifully formed committee to ensure everyone who wants to ride has that opportunity.
With a female chairperson it is only appropriate that one of our New Years resolutions is to attract more female riders. Mountain biking is not only for boys. Yes, it can be hair raising, and helmets ensure a bad hair day, yes, you will get muddy, but after a few months you will be toned like Victoria Pendleton. Give it a go!
And here is the committee of 2013
Chairperson – Susanne Klein - email@example.com
Vice Chairman – Tim Knibbs
Membership Secretary – Steve Rendell – firstname.lastname@example.org
Treasurer – Pete Newell
Events Co-ordinator – Jason Ayres
Also we have our Webmaster, Andrew Maddison and CTC Insurance Co-ordinator, Janet Clarke helping behind the scenes as well.